#teatogethertuesday - Pizza and Tea?

 Ok, so I have been really lax about writing here on my blog which is really a shame as I absolutely love to write.  I have been working on my novel for years.  It may never come to fruition but I keep hoping that I will have the time to sit down and finish it one day.  I started a new social media planner for 2021 in hopes that if I write down my goals then I will actually follow through on them.  One of those goals is to update regularly on my blog as well as on my podcast, which has laid dormant for some time now.  I thought a great way to start my blog back up was to discuss this week's #teatogethertuesday prompt.  Tea Together Tuesday is a fantastic concept created by @teaisawishblog and @teawithjann.  These gals have found a way to bring the tea community together, regardless of platform, to answer one question.  I love this idea and I equally love learning about my fellow tea lovers through their responses.  

This week's question is unique, it asks to pair a tea with my favorite pizza.  This is an interesting one as I normally don't drink tea with pizza.  There are a few foods that I still have to drink a diet coke with and pizza is one of them.  It just goes together so damn well.  But, if I had to select a tea to drink with my pizza (preferably a Lou Malnati's pizza, my Chicago readers know what I mean!)  it would be an iced tea.  Now, I suppose the tea would vary depending on the pizza toppings.  I personally went through a phase for a long time when I was super crazy about maintaining my size 4 pants that I didn't eat cheese or meat on my pizza ( I didn't eat meat at all actually) and would order a pizza loaded with veggies, extra sauce and no cheese.  Yep, my friends didn't like pizza night with me much.  Luckily in my 40's a size 4 isn't so important so when I eat pizza I indulge in a proper slice with cheese.  I love green olives, LOTS of green olives on the pizza with lots of veggies.  I don't really like meat on the pizza but if I have some it would be pepperoni.  

So, now that we have outlined the perfect slice what is the perfect tea to pair with it?  I would have to say a nice iced glass of orange pekoe.  I find that I have answered orange pekoe for many of these Tea Together Tuesday prompts.  I guess it is a tea that just always seems appropriate for whatever the occasion or whatever the food.  I love my iced tea plain with a slice of lemon.  Ahhhh, that is an absolute perfect drink to pair honestly with anything but especially pizza.  

So, now that you know everything you didn't really want to know about my pizza affinity, tell me what would be your perfect pizza and tea pairing?

Until next time, happy sipping!

Steph

Comments

  1. Hi Stephanie, what happened to your YouTube channel? I really enjoyed listening to reviews, I've learned a lot about tea and I still had so many questions that I never got around to asking. Hope everything is alright

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts