The NecessiTeas Old Fashioned Spice Cake

I was contacted several months ago to see if I would be interested in reviewing products from a company called The NecessiTeas.  Of course I said yes as I love trying new teas!  The nice thing about the company is that all teas are hand-blended in small batches.  This results is very fresh tea!  One of the teas I received was Old Fashioned Spice Cake.  This is a black tea loaded with yummy spices like coriander and cardamom.  The ingredients are: black tea, cinnamon, ginger, coriander, cardamom, orange peel, coconut, almonds, rose petals, cocoa, cloves and natural and organic flavors.   The description reads: "Warm and comforting, simple and timeless, this old-fashioned spice cake is a new autumn favorite!  Get cozy with the warming spices of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, cardamom, and sweet bakery notes of almond cream.  Add a splash of milk and sweeten to taste."

 The first thing I notice about the tea is the smell.  Teas with coriander have a very distinct taste and smell.  It is interesting to note that coriander is actually the seed of the cilantro plant.  Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs to grow and cook with as it also lends a very distinct flavor to dishes.  At any rate I love the way coriander gives a certain depth to tea.  






This tea has a perfect balance of the black tea taste with spices.  I don't really taste the orange peel or almond, it is really the spice that comes out in this blend.  I find that anytime I drink a tea with coriander the spice dominates and that is really primarily what I taste but not in a bad way!  Some other teas that are similar include Spice of Life tea from Teavana and Nutty and Spice from DAVIDsTEA.

Overall I love this blend, makes a great tea for entertaining!

Until next time,

Happy Sipping!!

Comments

Popular Posts