DAVIDsTEA Berry Romantic Tea

I was lucky enough to get my hands on the new DAVID'sTEA Valentine's Day teas.  The first one I am reviewing is Berry Romantic.  This is a fruity oolong.  The description says" a romantic, strawberries and cream tea, strewn with pretty flower petals."

Ingredients: apple, oolong tea, cane sugar, blackberry leaf, gomphrena petals, jasmine, strawberries, rose, natural strawberry flavoring and artificial flavoring.

The dry leaves: smell like a strong sweet strawberry and look almost like a birds nest the way the ingredients stick together because of the added sugar. 
I steeped the tea at 195 degrees for 3 minutes (although DAVIDsTEA suggests 4_7 minutes which I think is too long). 

The steeped tea: smells like a strawberry scented doll i had when I was young.  The first thing I taste is the oolong in the top of my young, that slightly green characteristic oolong taste.  The after taste is of very subtle berry.  I don't taste any cream notes, but, i think making this a latte would bring out the cream flavor.  I like that i can still taste the oolong, the fruity flavor dosent dominate in this.  Also, even though there is jasmine in this i dont really pick up in an floral notes.  I always test my teas with no sweetener, the tea was sweet, no extra sugar needed.    I really like this tea! 

Best For: Any time of the day!

This tea will be available on DAVIDsTEA.com on January 31st.

Until next time, happy sipping!

Comments

Popular Posts