Teavana Raspberry Limeade

Today I am trying Raspberry Limeade from Teavana.  This is a tea blend of Raspberry Balsamico (Which I have reviewed on the blog) and Limeade Twist.  I feel that Teavana tends to get a bad rap in the tea community and although I have been subject to their pushy sales tactics in the past I have found that since Starbucks acquired them they are must less pushy.  Also, Teavana makes some amazing blends!  At any rate, this tea is best prepared iced.  As it starts to warm up I gravitate towards fruity, iced teas so this one sounds perfect to try!

The Packaging:  I purchased this as a set of 4 Poolside Teas.  It came in a foil resealable package.  I did put mine into a tin to keep it fresh.



The Ingredients:  candied pineapple pieces, apple pieces, grapes, hibiscus flowers, orange peels, elderberries, juniper berries, rose hip peels, natural and artificial flavors, orange slices, lime pieces, pineapple chips, lemon slices, strawberry slices, rose petals, red currants, lemon pieces, orange juice pieces, raspberries, blueberries, balsamico vinegar di modena, absoric acid and citric acid.

The Dry Leaves:   The tea is very pretty to look at with all the fruit pieces.  I can clearly the oranges, the blueberries, juniper berries, pineapple, apple, it really is a pretty looking tea




The Smell:  The tea smells amazing, like lime candy

Preparation:  I used 4 of the Teavana tea spoons and steeped the tea in 212 degree water for 5 minutes.  I served mine over ice.  No sugar was used.

Color:  The tea steeps up a beautiful, vibrant red color



The Flavor:  The first thing I taste is lime followed by a tart berry flavor.  I don't really pick up an raspberry, I find that the lime dominates in this.  Also, since the lime is overwhelming I don't taste any of the vinegar, just a nondescript tart lime berry taste.

The Verdict:  I do enjoy this and think that a bit of sweetener would help to offset the tart flavor.  This is very nice as an iced tea.  I don't know if I would repurchase more, but, I am glad that I tried it.


Happy Sipping!
S

Comments

Popular Posts