DAVIDsTEA Wild Black Yunnan

I enjoy tea blends, but, nothing beats a fantastic straight tea.  Black teas are my favorite and I love to try new ones.  It is amazing how teas that come from the same tea leaf can taste so different based on the where they are grown!  Today I decided to brew up some Wild Black Yunnan from DAVIDsTEA.  This is a black tea from Yunnan Province, China.  The tea description is "Purists rave about the perfect flavour and finish of these limited-edition leaves from the wild-growing trees in Yunnan's forests."
DAVIDsTEA Wild Black Yunnan
The leaves of this tea are a mid-tone black color with some golden tips present.  The smell is a sweet, earthy black tea smell.

The dry tea leaves

I brewed the tea for 3 minutes at 212 degree water.  The first steep resulted in a perfect cup of black tea, a mild tea flavor that was smooth and delicious.  The second steep was slightly weaker but just as tasty!  This would be an excellent morning or afternoon tea and would make an amazing iced tea.

a nice cuppa and my Moleskine Passions Tea Journal

The steeped leaves


I don't think that this tea is available from DAVIDsTEA now, however, there are a lot of other companies that are selling Wild Black Yunnan.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate this tea at an 8.5.  It is excellent!

Until next time, happy sipping!!



Comments

Popular Posts