Tea Drops


Tea Drops have to be one of the most unique tea offerings I have tried.  I first came across them in a small little boutique and thought they were so interesting!  Basically Tea Drops are comprised of finely milled tea, spices and sugar that has been compressed.  Once a drop is added to boiling water the tea dissolves and you have an "instant" cup of tea.  This is such a fun concept and how convenient to be able to just have several tea drops in your bag and pop one out when you want tea since one can find a cup of hot water almost anywhere.

I have sampled all of the flavors but today I am having Citrus Ginger.

The Packaging:  When I purchased my Tea Drops from the boutique it came in a very nice wooden box.  The lid slides off to reveal the Tea Drops.  Inside are 8 Tea Drops.  The flavors are: Vanilla White Tea, Citrus Ginger, Sweet Peppermint and Rose Earl Grey.  I really like the wooden box, and, on the site you can purchase individual Tea Drops to refill the wooden box with.



The Ingredients:  Organic ( Orange peel, ginger, citrus extract, spearmint, raw sugar)

The Dry Leaves:  Since this is such a unique tea I can't really say much of the dry leaves other than the tea is a compressed tea pod in either a dark amber or brown color, depending on the tea flavor.  Each flavor is compressed into a different shape to make telling them apart easy.



The Smell:  The dry pod didn't have much of a smell, but, once the tea was brewed it had a delightful minty, citrus smell.  This smell actually reminds me of the smell of Mighty Leaf Citrus Chamomile Tea.
The Taste:  This tea actually kinda tastes like the Mighty Leaf Citrus Chamomile too.  I don't really pick up on much ginger, it is primarily the spearmint and citrus.  Because the tea does have sugar added the tea is a bit sweet.  It is not too sweet, to me it is a perfect amount of sweetness.

The Verdict:  I would have to say that I really like this tea.  Not only is the flavor nice but the concept is so much fun.  The only negative I will say is that because the tea is ground up when one reaches the bottom of the cup there is a lot of sediment.  The card inside the box said that the sediment is "expected and drinkable."  I just don't care for the texture of the sediment in the last sip of the tea so when I get down to that point I typically just dump the last sip out.  Overall I think this is such a neat tea offering. How interesting would this be to serve at a tea party or even at a tea-inspired wedding.  Each person could have a tea cup and a tea drop to go with their cake!  And, I can see this being a conversation starter when out and about.  I highly suggest checking this product out



Comments

Popular Posts