Review of Wu-Long Tea from Okuma Nutritionals

I was contacted several months ago regarding a tea product that I had been actually considering purchasing so it was fate that I was to try it!  The product I am referring to is Okuma Nutritionals Wu-Long Oolong tea.  Now this is an oolong tea that supposedly burns fat by helping to increase the metabolism.  I followed the tea regime for a month (each box has a month supply, so 60 teabags).   The regime is designed so one drinks on cup of tea in the morning before breakfast and then another cup in the afternoon.  In order to keep my test of this product controlled I kept my normal diet and exercise the same.






The Teabags:  The tea comes in standard tea bag form.  The tea is the standard teabag with the tea in CTC form (crush, tear, curl).  The box does not indicate what type of paper is used for the tea bag.   

The dry smell:  the dry teabag smells almost like a mild black tea

The steeped tea:  The tea steeps up a very light brown color and has a standard oolong smell.  The flavor is actually very nice, it sits somewhere between the black and green spectrum.  The tea is smooth and no additional sugar is needed.

The verdict:  Do I think that this tea burns fat?  Of that I can't say yet as I feel that the product needs several months of use in order to see the full results.  I can say that by having a hot cup of tea right before breakfast it helped to fill the stomach making me feel fuller.  In the afternoon when the munchies normally hit having the the hot drink helped to fill me up so I didn't want a snack.  Overall I do like the taste and I will hope that the added benefits of drinking the tea is just a bonus.  The website does indicate that the tea is full of antioxidants so drinking this for the taste just has the added bonus of being healthy.  I plan to continue this product for the next few months and see if it does make a difference and I will report back on my findings!

You can check out the tea here AND get free shipping: Get Free Shipping!

Happy Sipping,
S

Comments

Popular Posts