DAVIDsTEA Sunny Citrus Tea

I love this time of year when the Spring and Summer goods start to come out.  I love the bright colors, the fun prints and the fun, fruity flavors.  DAVIDsTEA always has such fun collections and this years Spring collection, although very small, is still very cute.   Take for instance rustic mugs that the released with this collection. I like the way that they incorporated a bit of Easter into the tea ware with little bunnies hidden inside the mug.

One of the teas released with the collection is Sunny Citrus.  I have heard that this tea is a re-promote but was slightly reformulated.  The official description on this tea is " With hibiscus, pretty little flower sprinkles and a twist of juicy orange, this sweet and tangy blend is like a cup of liquid sunshine."


The ingredients:  Apple, hibiscus, sprinkles, currants, blackberry leaves, rosehip shells, orange peel, sunflower petals, safflower petals, mallow flower petals and natural flavourings.  This tea does contain peanuts.

The dry leaves:  A pretty mix of red and orange with cute little flower sprinkles peaking through (such a cute Spring tea with the flowers!)

The dry leaves smell:  this tea smells so good, a bit buttery and citrusy, with heavy lemon

The steeped tea:  it steeps up a dark red color due to the heavy hibiscus presence.  This tea is tart but still has a soft edge from the buttery notes in it.  I assume the butteriness is coming from the natural flavorings.   This tea tastes to me very similar to a cranberry-orange muffin, a bit tart, a bit sweet and a bit buttery.

My rating:  I really, really like this tea.  I would give it an 8.5 rating.  I bought 2 ounces of this but plan to purchase more as this is very good!

Do you plan to try this one?

Until next time, happy sipping!!

S

Comments

Popular Posts