Teavana Raspberry Balsamico Tea

Ok, so this is a tea that has interested me for some time now.  It is an herbal blend laced with balsamic vinegar, juniper berries and dried fruit.  Not your normal herbal blend.

The ingredients are:  Apple pieces, grapes, hibiscus flowers, elderberries, juniper berries, strawberry slices, rose petals, red currants, artificial flavoring, raspberries, blueberries, Balsamico vinegar di Modena.




Preperation:  I steeped the tea according to Teavana's recommendation of 2 spoon fulls (I use the Teavana measuring spoon) with boiling water steeped for 5 mintues.  I did not sweeten it.

Color:  The Tea steeps up a beautiful red color, almost a deep red wine color.

Smell:  The steeped tea smells of berries, the sharp vinegar smell has become less dominate 

Taste:  This tea tastes very interesting.  The first thing that hits the tongue is the tart, almost acidic taste of the hibiscus and vinegar.   The back taste is a subtle red berry flavor similar to the taste of a red popsicle.  This tea did leave a weird aftertaste in my mouth, almost like a stale fruity note.



Overall Impression:  Overall this tea is probably a miss for me.  I like the idea of the unique combination of flavors but it just does not work together for me well.  I think that perhaps this would be much better iced.  Also, it probably could use some sweetener to balance out that tartness in the tea.  As a hot tea I would give it a rating of 6, nothing amazing but not bad either.

Have you tried this one?  If so, what did you think?
Until next time, happy sipping!!


Comments

Popular Posts