DAVIDsTEA White Chocolate Rose Tea


White Chocolate Rose (WCR) is an interesting Valentine's day tea from DAVIDsTEA.  The tea is beautiful with curled white chocolate shavings and pink rose buds, such a romantic tea!  It smells just like a Crabtree and Evelyn Rosewater perfume I used to wear, it smells exactly like It!  You can imagine by apprehension on this one as i don't normally like perfume or floral-laden teas.  This is a black tea so I hoped the maltiness would balance out the floral notes. 

Ingredients: black tea, White Chocolate, rose buds, natural and artificial flavoring
The dry leaves: smells just like rose perfume.  It is a beautiful tea full of white chocolate and rose buds

The steeped leaves: a lighter rose smell with beautiful rose buds peeking out from the black tea.  The white chocolate was melted

The taste:  I was surprised with this one.  The black tea definitely balances out the rose.  In fact, the rose is so mild, it reminds me of those rosewater candies that I used to eat when I was little.  Just the subtle hint of rose kissing the black tea.  The first thing i taste is the astringent black tea base followed by the rose which does leave an aftertaste.  I find the aftertaste is more floral than when i am actually drinking the tea.  Also, I don't taste any of the white chocolate at all!  I tested the tea unsweetened however I did add a bit of white gold honey to this so as to balance out the flavors.  Overall this is not bad.  I don't think it is amazing and i would not repurchase it but I am glad I tried it.

Best For: this would be so fun for either a tea party, or, as a wedding tea!

The tea will be available for purchase at davidstea.com on January 31st.
Until next time, happy sipping!!


Comments

Popular Posts