DAVIDsTEA Read my Lips Tea

I love peppermint.  I always have.  Every year at Christmas one of my gifts would be one of the peppermint patty sleeves that they sell at the holidays.  I am always excited to try new peppermint teas, especially when they have chocolate in them!  Todays review is of DAVIDsTEA Read My Lips tea.  The ingredients are: black tea, peppermint, pink peppercorns, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring.  The description says: "Okay, this is probably the world's best chocolate tea.  Honestly.  Better than dessert, its the definition of irresistible."



It is a pretty large claim to say that it is the worlds BEST chocolate tea.  The tea smells like chocolate peppermint lip balm, just that kind of artificial chocolate smell with the peppermint.  The tea is very pretty to look at: a nice black tea with pink peppercorns, lip-shaped sprinkles and little chocolate kiss pieces.  I have had this tea on several occasions, each time I am a bit let down.  I find that the chocolate taste is just not strong enough and the mint dominates.  For a tea that is touted as being the best chocolate tea I would expect a more pronounced chocolate flavor.   Don't get me wrong, I like this tea but I just think it is not exactly as described.  I find it is best prepared as a latte.  I like to sprinkle a bit of cocoa powder on top for effect.

Some similar teas include Harney and Sons Chocolate Mint tea and Art of Tea Dark Chocolate Peppermint Tea.

Until Next Time,
Happy Sipping!

Comments

  1. Sounds delicious!!! I can't wait to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good!! Thanks for checking out the blog review!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts